Sunday, August 22, 2010

“Ode Of An Angry Army Wife”

Today…Not a good day….
Today I woke feelin kind of uhhhh
I feel like I don’t wanna do this shit again…


Get the kids off to school.
Argue with the toddler…
Listen to other wives piss, moan and holler.





From the toddler to the teens… everybody always needs…..
My money…my time…my space…my everything!


I don’t want to be available to chat when HE is available
I don’t want to be kind, considerate and understandable…
I want someone to understand where I’m coming from!
Not pat me on the head and push my feelings under the rug.


I don’t wanna watch my language…..
Don’t wanna hold my freakin' tongue
I don’t wanna avoid eye contact because damn ...
it’s been too damn long…


I’m sick and tired of being the strong one all the time….
Sometimes I wanna be the one so sit in the corner and cry…


But I guess then …that wouldn’t be me..
Those who depend on me would probably pass out at my feet…


Unfortunately I’m always the one who always has to be strong …
No one ever thinks that I need someone to lean on!


So don’t bother me today because today is not a good day…
Let me sit here with myself and work on putting this anger away…

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I like it! Just read this today and it hit home:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I wonder if this will fit on a T-shirt..?

    ReplyDelete