Friday, August 27, 2010

Mirage

Images of an apparition
Play pallor tricks with my mind
Teasing me with thoughts of happiness
Understanding…togetherness…

At one point
I’m excited…full of life

At another
Am I empty…alone…incomplete?

I feel confused…lost…

My soul’s searching…
Searching for the water that will quench my thirst…
Taking the dryness out of my eyes…
Replacing the fluids in my heart.

Could it be that I have found it?
Or is it dehydration that makes me hallucinate?

I stumble through this life lost…
Stranded in this desert of despair.

Every now and then
An oasis…a temporary relief
A small puddle of water in my arid space.

Maybe one day I’ll escape this desert
Finally reaching my ocean
Where birds will sing and mermaids will dance
In the flowing waters of my happiness.
It is only then that this savage thirst will be quenched
And I will once again…be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment